Don Bosco School Liluah, or DBL, is an all-boys, English medium school located in Liluah, near the city of Kolkata, India. It operates under the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations and takes students from the lower kindergarten through grade twelve. The school was established in 1937, and is run by the Salesians of Don Bosco S.D.B. which is a minority institution within the Catholic Church. The patron saint of the school is St. John Bosco, popularly known as Don Bosco. The motto of the school is "Virtus et Labor". The school celebrated its Platinum Jubilee in December 2012.HistoryThe land for the school was bought in 1928 by the Salesian Provincial, and the church was built in 1937. It became the first parish church in the country dedicated to St. John Bosco. The technical school was begun in 1937 and started functioning in 1939. The school was closed for four years from 1942 to 1946 for use by the army during the Second World War.It was recognized by the Government in August 1948, and in 1954 the first batch of students appeared for the Senior Cambridge Exams. In July 1958, the school auditorium was inaugurated. The main building of the school was inaugurated by the Archbishop of Calcutta in November 1959.In January 1977 the Free Night School was started, to cater to the needs of the poor children of the locality. The First Inter Schools cultural and co-curricular festival named as "Bosco Blow Up" was held on September 1977, with seven participant schools. Don Bosco Self-employment was started in August 1978 for the young men of the locality who are school drop-outs to enable them to learn a trade and earn their livelihood.