Basics 101 - start date of April 24th at 1 PM
Trainer: Britney Pitre
* Basics 101 group class meets for an hour each week, at the same time and day each week.
* Classes are $155/dog for the full 6-week course. Discounts are available for shelter, veterinary, and grooming staff.
* Takes place at our facility at 2311 Hodges Street in Lake Charles (attendance by appointment only!)
- - - Basics 101 is for puppies/dogs who are 6 months of age and up. Class size is limited to 4 dogs per class. Each dog must be accompanied by an adult for the entirety of the session.
- - - Basics 101 covers all of the basic cues such as sit, down, stay, leave it, take it, drop it, come when called, loose-leash walking, off, on your bed/, watch me, touch, and emergency come when called. We teach you how to utilize these cues to deter unwanted behaviours like impolitely greeting guests, bolting out of doors, counter surfing, nipping, chewing, etc.
- - - Canine body language, psychology/behavior, nutrition and problem-solving for unwanted behaviours like jumping, potty training, digging, barking, escaping, nipping, etc. will all be covered in class, as well.
* All dogs must be CURRENT on required vaccinations (proof of vaccinations and proof that the dog is free of parasites, including but not limited to intestinal worms, fleas, ticks are required to enter building), and must be friendly with other people and dogs (we offer private training for dogs with anxiety and/or aggression).
* Shock collars, prong collars, choke chains, retractable leashes, slip leads and any collar/tool designed to cause pain or fear are strictly forbidden.
- - - An enrollment form can be emailed to you, please message us your email address to receive a form and the information needed to fill it out.
* * * A RETURNED enrollment form will place you on the roster for class. * * *
Currently, the planned schedule is as follows:
Week 1: April 24
Week 2: May 1
Week 3: May 8
Week 4: May 15
Week 5: May 22
Week 6: May 29