|Horário de funcionamento||
Monastère et centre d'études uniques en occident, situés en France.
Monastery and study centre located in France. Affiliated with the FPMT (www.fpmt.org).
The principles and mission of Nalanda Monastery include:
• Nalanda provides a supportive monastic environment for Westerners in the Geluk tradition
• Nalanda provides education and an environment through which the monks’ minds and hearts can be transformed into their highest potential for the benefit of others, inspired by an attitude of universal responsibility.
• Nalanda is a place for monks, volunteers, retreatants and visiting monks to make their life more meaningful by fulfilling the wishes of the holy beings, through studies, pujas, preliminary practices, service and the everyday life of the community. Within that, emphasis is on studies.
• Nalanda brings about progress in universal wisdom, altruism and compassion through the example of moral conduct and the spreading of the teachings of the Buddha.
• Nalanda serves the flourishing of the Buddhadharma by the monastics keeping the vows, maintaining the tradition of studying and preserving (producing) Buddhist art in accordance with the traditions.
• Nalanda serves the flourishing of the Buddhadharma by bringing forth potential future teachers, and long-term retreatants
• Nalanda serves the flourishing of the Buddhadharma by building new facilities for the future generation of Nalanda monks.
|Descrição||Nalanda Monastery is a unique environment in rural France for western monastics to preserve and spread the precious teachings of the Buddha. Monks from a wide range of nationalities have left the householder’s way of life in order to protect the monastic tradition, and as a result, they rely solely on the kindness and financial support of the lay community.|
Fondé en 1981 par Lama Thubten Yeshe et Lama Zopa RInpoche
In 1981 by Lama Thubten Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche