St Martin's School is an Anglican private co-educational school in Rosettenville, Johannesburg, South Africa.HistorySt. Martin’s School traces its origins back to the foundation of St. Agnes School for the training of domestic helpers in 1908. A few years later in 1911, St. Peter’s Priory and College were added, offering a boarding-based high school education to the young men who came from all over South Africa. The College was run by the Anglican Order of the Community of the Resurrection. Trevor Huddleston, one of the priests of the community was based at St Peter's for a number of years, and it was he who gave Hugh Masekela his first trumpet.St. Peter's College soon became known as the "Black Eton" where academic achievements were espoused. The list of the early alumni includes Oliver Tambo, Fikile Bam and Hugh Masekela.The apartheid policies of the National Party regime, specifically the Bantu Education Act put pressure on the school and it was closed in 1956. However, the Anglican Church ensured that education continued and the school reopened in 1958 as St. Martin's School.Founded as a boys' school, St Martin's became the established Anglican Diocesan School for the south of Johannesburg. In 1978, the school became a co-educational institution.