Moreton railway station is situated in Moreton, Wirral, England. The station is on the West Kirby branch of the Wirral Line, which is part of the Merseyrail network.HistoryMoreton station opened for regular service on 2 July 1866, on the Hoylake Railway, between Hoylake and Birkenhead Docks. By 1898, the station had a small signal box towards the eastern end of the westbound platform, and a siding to the south of the station. West of the station, sidings for Moreton brickworks were added around 1903. The signal box was replaced in 1932, and moved to the north side of the tracks beyond the eastern end of the platform.The platform buildings were replaced in 1938, rebuilt in an identical style to one at Hoylake. Through electric services to Liverpool Central commenced on 13 March 1938, when the LMS electrified the lines from Birkenhead Park to West Kirby. The service was provided by the then-new LMS electric multiple units. However, on Sunday mornings, the service was provided by the older Mersey Railway electric units which, up until that point, had only ever run from Liverpool to Birkenhead Park.