|Время работы||Добавить информацию|
We welcome you to join us in prayer!
Fr. Dominic M. DiBiccaro, Pastor
Deacon Steve Huete, Pastoral Associate
St. Ignatius Loyola Church is located in lovely Buchanan Valley, the oldest Jesuit Mission in the United States dating back to 1817. Once called the “White Squaw Mission” after Mary Jemison, the “White Woman of the Genesse”.
Our Mission is to know and live the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In doing so we seek to grow in faith and love with one another and other faith communities. We endeavor to promote healthy family values, providing for every person. We recognize the dignity of every human life and defend that dignity against every injustice. Through Baptism, each person is called to hear and proclaim the Word of God. Let us do this together trusting in the power of the Holy Spirit to guide us on our journey, keeping the Eucharist at the center of our lives to nourish and strengthen us.
St. Ignatius Parish is called to be family of faith, working together in love and reaching out in mission and service through liturgy and prayer, educational and spiritual formation, outreach and evangelization, ecumenism and stewardship of time, talent and treasure.
We invite all people, called through the power of the Holy Spirit, to join us in the living Gospel as a way of life and to share the experience of salvation in the living Catholic Community through Word, Sacrament and Mission.
Sat: 5:00 pm
Sunday: 8:00 am and 10:30 am
Tue: 7:30 am
Wed: 7:00 pm
Thu & Fri: 7:30 am
Located in Adams County, southcentral Pennsylvania, St. Ignatius welcomes residents of Adams and Franklin Counties, as well as seasonal visitors to the area.
Our parish is home to over 500 parishioners, and visitors from far and near know us for our home-style dinners and our Annual Church Picnic each August, which is our largest event of the year, featuring family-style fun in a scenic, historic, country setting.
In 2011, our Parish celebrated its 100th anniversary, and 2017 will mark the bicentennial year of our church.
St. Ignatius parish was formed in 1817 as a Jesuit Mission from Conewago in Adams County; it eventually became a mission from Gettysburg then Chambersburg. In 1911, it became a full independent Parish with a resident full time Pastor.
The Diocese of Harrisburg was formed in 1868
In 1967, Msgr. Yeager was pastor and the Parish served over 150 families “widely scattered in the Mountain Region”. St. Ignatius Loyola in Buchanan Valley was an “Old Jesuit Mission ~ the mountain church.”
Priests who faithfully served at St. Ignatius:
Fr. Francis Noel 1894-1911
Fr. William Howard 1911-1914
Fr. William Whalen 1917-1937
Msgr. Louis J. Yeager 1947-1973
Fr. Carl J. Steffen 1978-2005
Fr. Kenneth G. Smith 2005—2011
Fr. Daniel O’Brien 2011– 2014
Fr. Raymond J. LaVoie 2014-present
|Основана||In 1911, we became a full independent Parish with a resident full time Pastor.|