|有关我们||Leadership Barbour: A dynamic, personal development program to help the Barbour County area reach its full potential.|
What is Leadership Barbour?
Leadership Barbour brings together individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who have a demonstrated talent and commitment for leadership. Through this program, these individuals have an opportunity to become more aware of the dynamics of the social and economic changes which impact our community.
Through face to face discussion with present leaders and experts from organizations and institutions that help to form the structure of our community, these specially selected individuals develop an in-depth understanding of the community climate.
Through planned interactive experiences, the participants broaden communication and problem solving skills. These learning experiences form the basis for a distinctive group identity unlike any other development program.
What are the Goals of Leadership Barbour?
Leadership Barbour is designed to identify, prepare and build upon leadership resources within our community. The objectives of the program are:
• Give participants a broader understanding of the problems, opportunities and resources in the Barbour County area. This is accomplished through contact with local, state and national leaders who offer information and thoughtful analysis of the study topics.
• Stimulate the interest and awareness of participants in the program area and encourage a team approach to solving community problems. This approach gives participants the knowledge that responsible and responsive leadership is created through the efforts of citizens who often have differences of opinion and diverse views.
• Improve participants understanding of their individual roles as well as the diversity of leadership styles and skills required in solving complex community problems.
• Develop and expand the participants’ capacity to communicate and interact with one another, community leaders and fellow citizens; and to form a network of cooperative community involvement.
• Challenge participants to greater civic involvem